Friday, December 14, 2007

I got a great call last night

I got a great phone call last night from a good photographer friend of mine. Doug Ohman, (this link isn't working for me, I'm sure he'll be fixing it), he's got several published books for sale, and is doing what a lot of strive to do...he's making a living taking picture and he's not doing portraits and weddings! He's also one heck of a great guy.

Every year, I get to see Doug at the Red Wing Arts and Crafts show run by my parents. At this show, when he's not busy selling out his photos, we chat about the business and the art.

This past year, he offered to put a couple of my shots in his collection and see what happens. Well, last night he called to tell me he was going to be in Rochester and wanted to deliver to me the money from the sale of one of my pictures! The barn picture sold!

Can't quite the day job, but it's actually pretty exciting to think that someone was willing to pony up actual cash to put one of my pictures in their home!

YEAH!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

That is so cool! Good for you!!! Famous? On your way!!!

Up To My Ears In Mini Horses said...

I love the barn photo... I hope you got a lot for it, it is fabulous.

OhCaptain said...

Thank you for the complements!

I won't be quitting my day job. And it was only a print that sold. If anyone knows how to sell prints for big dollars that would be cool, but selling them at art shows around here, you get $2o for a 8X10 print.

Still pretty cool to think that someone has my picture hanging in there house!