Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fireworks

My computer is just so slow. I took one whole memory card this past 4th of July but didn't really look at them until recently.


I love fireworks.

Update: MemphisMOJO reminded me that I should probably mention how I get fireworks to work without much effort...I take notes quite often when I'm out shooting things. I documented the fireworks process on this post in the summer of 2007. I've used these settings ever since. They work like a charm as the base. Minor tweaking is always encouraged, but with this you will at least be in the right ballpark when you start.

4 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Terrific!

Did you use a preset for fireworks, or did you make your own settings?

OhCaptain said...

Often when I'm out photographing something that I think is tricky, I take notes. I carry in my bag a little notebook with a pen for this purpose.

In the files created by the raw is the information about all of the settings used by your camera on each shot.

I took this information and wrote a post on this blog. When I went out this summer, I reread this post and used those settings. It really helped. Feel free to use them at will :-) I'm updating this post with a link back.

PG said...

nice results. i can get in and mash around with some manual settings on my P&S but manual focus isn't one. But hell, I still give it a go next time I am at a fireworks display.

OhCaptain said...

PG - We gots to get you a big boy camera. Once you go SLR, you'll never want to let it go. Although, there is something to be said of a camera that fits in your pocket.